Preparing for a journey involves a variety of factors that must be taken into account. When making your comparisons it should include checking out the best loyalty programs for booking with Emirates on a first class flight with points and miles. As a traveler looking forward to flying with an airline offering the best available first-class passenger experience on an Airbus A380 or Boeing 777 aircraft, you will have the advantage, and experience of the most recent first-class cabin with a private suite on Boeing 777 routes between:
- Dubai (DXB) and Brussels (BRU)
- Geneva (GVA)
Make Your Points Work For You
Your accumulated Membership Rewards points may be transferred to the Emirates’ Skywards program on a 1-for-1 basis with flight searches and bookings awards made via their website.
It is worthwhile making comparisons between the various Award program redemptions. It is, therefore, financially advisable to research which programs offer you the best return for your points balances. This could include American Express Membership Rewards, which permits you to transfer points to various airlines, including the Skywards program.
Book with Emirates Using Amex/Starwood Points
This card links Starwood Preferred Guest and the American Express Luxury Card, offers you:
- 75,000 bonus points once you have used your new card for making $3,000 on purchases within the first three months
- 6x points value when utilizing participating Marriott and SPG hotels
- 3x points at American restaurants
- On flights directly booked with airlines
- 2x points – elsewhere everywhere else
- Reap other benefits in the form of an annual $300 Marriott/Ritz/SPG credit and Priority Pass membership
- This card does have a $450 annual fee
Exceeding Luxury Boundaries
If you are fortunate in having Emirates first class award tickets then you’ll be pleased to know that the Emirates Boeing 777 First Class Suite has received excellent reviews. Many frequent flyers have made flying in this luxury class one of their primary travel ambitions. This is highlighted by the booking of Award seating space being surprisingly and conveniently available with partner airlines.
This was explained by Emirates not having an advantage with partnering airlines as do Star Alliance and Lufthansa, which creates few options when booking with miles. The airlines’ scenario has been recently subjected to change with the devaluation of Alaska Airlines and added carrier surcharges to Emirates awards bookings with Japan Airlines (JAL).
Booking with Emirates First Class Award Tickets
When booking with Emirates you will discover a variety of options available to you. If you book with miles and are concerned with the avoidance of carrier surcharges, then irrespective of the booking type, your preference could be with the Alaska Mileage Plan miles program.
If you are returning to the USA from a pre-determined country, then utilizing Japan Airlines Mileage Bank miles is also a means of using the fewest miles possible to avoid surcharges.
Miles and Points Advantages
In recent times, JAL Mileage Bank miles have been a favorite option for booking Emirates First Class due to competitive redemption terms.
- You have the opportunity to gain Award bookings from the JAL Mileage Bank by way of its distance-based award chart
- Surcharges related to Emirates First Class awards that originate in the United States can be minimal when compared to the cost of cash generated fare
- To avoid these surcharges, you have the option of starting your First Class travel experience from selected countries
In the event of you not having transferable StarPoints for either of these options, there are relatively few other choices that will not be subjected to taxation and fees. Accordingly, be aware of these influencing factors from the beginning. However, with some advanced planning, including an Emirates miles calculator, you will find the advantages that offer you a memorable flying experience.
Fine-Tuning your Flight of a Lifetime
Although some of the routes suggested are not necessarily the quickest return to the USA, a positive aspect of the JAL Mileage Bank is that you can book a stopover, and visit the Middle East on the way home.
JAL also has the advantage of:
- A 1-for-1 transfer partner with Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)
- 3:1 transfer partner in the Marriott rewards program
- Offers a 25% bonus on transfers over 60,000 points (20,000 miles)
Your Comfort Prioritized
Your flight is designed by Emirates to provide you with an enhanced comfortable environment. It includes a variety of environmental benefits, such as, the opportunity to recline and relax in your own Private Suite or be rejuvenated in a Shower Spa. Service excellence helps you savor fine dining served as and when you desire and relish the sensation of making this First Class flight a dedicated one for you personally!