Of course, every traveler is different, which is why this set of travel credit card reviews will help you weigh up the pros and cons and find the best card for your individual needs! It is understandable why Rewards cards lay claim to several high positions in some of the listed overall best credit cards for 2018. With benefits from a credit card by total bonus Points, Cash-back, and Miles, your returns can be financially rewarding.
The Search for Your Best Credit Card
Amongst the questions to be considered are:
- The type of card for you?
- Which is the best travel credit card?
- How to gain maximum benefits from your card?
- Be able to use points with partners, such as associated airlines and hotel chains.
Should you be a confirmed bargain or rewards seeker, then you can look forward to an exciting and very interesting travel excursion with great rewards. As a newcomer, no matter what your goals are or whichever type of card you choose, the best advice is, learn how to use a rewards card!
The Chase Sapphire – Preferred Credit Card
As a new Chase Sapphire Preferred Card member you are offered 50,000 bonus points once you have spent $4,000 on purchases within the first 3-months of opening your account. Thereafter:
- Premium Rewards for travel and dining.
- Earn 2-points-per-dollar when traveling, in restaurants, cafes, from airfares and hotels. Also, gain 1-point-per-dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 25% on redemption for airfares, hotels, car rentals, and cruises by way of Chase Ultimate Rewards: for example, your 50,000 points are worth $625 towards your travel experience.
Horses and Cards for Courses
This is an old saying within the horseracing fraternity but it also applies to how you compare travel credit cards and selecting the right one for your special rewards earning preferences. Some of the criteria that could influence your decision include:
- Initial incentives and benefits to you.
- Top spending categories for a particular card.
- Rewards rates, and sign-up bonuses.
- Options for redemption and inherent flexibility.
- Value of points, and travel advantages.
- Determined transfer partners.
- Added features, fees, and rates.
- Security, customer service, and credit required.
The incentives for you offered by the various card sources are comprehensive but at all time keep in mind the question of which Credit Card has the best rewards program for your specific demands?
Capital One – Venture® Rewards Credit Card
If you want to travel extensively and use your travel cards for the holidays and any other occasion then the Venture and VentureOne travel rewards are without boundaries. You have the advantage of earning miles on every purchase you make anywhere and everywhere and redeem them for a wide and varied range of travel-related products.
- Be rewarded every time you make a purchase with your card.
- Maintain your minimum monthly payment by the due date, and you continue accumulating rewards, and any current bonus.
- Redeem your rewards immediately or save them for a very special travel experience.
- Your Rewards DO NOT EXPIRE during your account lifespan.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card
Spending $3,000 on purchases during the first 3-months of your membership will earn you 30,000 bonus points, equal to a cash redemption value of $300. Your card then gives you for following advantages:
- Annual Fee not applicable.
- Earning 3-points-per-dollar when dining out and delivered meals.
- Transportation, and Gas.
- Flights, hotels, car rentals, and home-stays.
- Recognized streaming services.
- Earn 1-point-per-dollar on other purchases.
- Your points will not expire providing your account remains open.
- There are no points-earning limitations applicable.
Consider Other Advantages
In addition to the above cards’ benefits, there are No Blackout Dates on air travel when redeeming points from “Go Far Rewards” plus, the advantage of combining points and a payment card. Alternatively, you may have:
- A low introductory APR regarding purchases and balance transfers for a 12-month period.
- No applied foreign currency conversion fees.
- Cell phone protection from damage or theft.
Citi PremierSM Card
This card offers you the opportunity to earn “ThankYou” Points that can contribute towards some exciting travel and other rewards. Other benefits include:
- 50,000 bonus values points after making Card purchases to the value of $4,000 within the first 3-months opening your account.
- Earn 3-points to the dollar when you travel including at Gas Stations, 2-points to the dollar for Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1-point on other purchases.
- First 12-months membership does NOT attract a fee. Thereafter it’s $95 annually.
Especially for a newcomer to the travel rewards experience the issue of choosing the right card for your particular needs can appear a major challenge.