Matmid Club - El Al Israel Airlines
This innovative airline is the flag carrier of Israel and today serves more than 50-destinations, its main base at Ben Gurion Airport. El Al is recognized as one of the most secure airlines flying today because of the stringent security precautions board its aircraft, and on the ground.
- Competitive rates on Economy flights
- Points can be used to pay for fuel surcharge
- Registration fee
- Low number of partner airlines
- Low number of transfer partners
- Fees & Charges
- Phone booking fee$25
- Expiration: Points expire 120 months since last activity.
- For some programs, an activity is any accrual of miles, crediting a flight, transfering or purchasing miles. For others, spending activities such as redeeming or donating points counts as an activity.
Transfer time is what is reported by the transfer programs, supplemented by our own research. However, actual time to transfer is often highly variable.
Airlines and Fuel Surcharge
This table will show you the partner airlines can be booked online and those which impose fuel surcharge.
El Al Israel Airlines
In the highly competitive airline service of today, gaining and rewarding customer loyalty is a primary consideration. El Al is a major competitor in this market with its El Al Israel Airlines - Matmid Frequent Flyer Club. Simply put, the Matmid Club offers awards associated with;
- Free flights
- Flight upgrading
- Pay for award flight surcharges with your points
El Al Matmid Club partners include worldwide travel with the following partners;
El Al also operates code-share agreements with:
- SWISS airlines
- S7 Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
Matmid Members are able to earn points on code-share flights operating with EL AL's airline code.
Accommodation and Car Rental Partners
As an El Al Israel Airlines - Matmid Frequent Flyer Club you will be entitled to benefit from the advantages offered on accommodation and car rental. For example; our hotel partners include, among others, the Hilton, offering 7-14 points-per-stay, and the InterContinental Hotels Group, offering you 1-point-per-$20 you spend, and 10-points for each stay. You will benefit to the extent of 20-points-per-stay at the Radisson, and 12-points-per-stay at the Starwood.
Our car rental partners offer you:
- Avis 10-points-per-car rental and 15-points if you possess Gold or Platinum Status
- Budget and Hertz 10-points-per-rental
- Europcar, Sixt, and Ofran 12-points-per-rental, for a minimum 7-days
Our car rental partners do not permit the earning of points for car rentals in Israel. You have the facility of converting Hertz Shekels to Matmid Club points. The exchange rate begins at 70-Hertz Shekels for 20 El Al points.
The Matmid Incentives Formula
The Awards program is divided into zones from that start with 500-points, such as flying from Tel Aviv to Athens on a Zone “A” flight.
This example of Zone identity shows that a member is flying in the most economic seating available. You will require earning for a free short-haul roundtrip flight ticket, approximately 17-short-haul roundtrip flights. This is determined as 34-segment with a value of 15-points each.
El Al Israel Airlines - Matmid Frequent Flyer Club comparative Flight values are as follows:
- Economy: Roundtrip flights from Tel Aviv for 1,400-points
- Business: 3,000 points
- First Class: 5,000 points
For a Roundtrip award flight between Tel Aviv and Los Angeles:
- Economy: 1,800-points.
- Business: 4,000
- First Class: 5,400
One-way flight awards are offered at 50-percent of a roundtrip.
Benefits and the 4-Tiered Rewards Program
El Al Israel Airlines - Matmid Frequent Flyer Club is only one of the few Frequent Flyer Rewards programs offering benefits to base-level members. Upon enrolment, you as a new member can take advantage of prioritized seating and the special Member offers!
Within the 4-tiered Elite program are:
Membership is achieved with the accumulation of 1,000 base points from El Al flights. These must be attained during a consecutive 12-month period and only earned points from El Al flights count towards qualifying for this status.
Membership renewal is 800-points during that term with benefits including:
- El Al flights10% earning bonus
- Guaranteed Economy Class seating, with a 72-hours limit
- Reduced Tickets price and last-minute upgrades within 48-hours pre-flight
To attain Gold status you will need to earn 2,000-points in one year, with a renewal option of 1,800 points. Your Gold benefits are inclusive of those for the Silver status, and in addition;
- Complimentary membership of the King David Club
- Priority check-in at King David Club counters
- Entry to the El Al lounges
- Added 25-percent on all points you accumulate on El Al flights
- Guaranteed seating in economy class “Y” limited to 48-hours pre-flight-time
- Extra luggage allowance, and award seat availability
- Guaranteed advanced upgrade from economy class for double-points
Platinum membership includes extra 50-percent flight bonus points, with 5,000-points in one year the determined qualification and 4,500 points to renew. This Status Tier offers you:
- All the benefits associated with “Gold” status
- 50-percent discount on the price of last-minute upgrades from business to first class
- Platinum Status concierge service
Top Platinum Circle
Upon you earning 10,000 or flying 65-flight segments and earning minimum 9,000-points points in one year, you become eligible for Top Platinum membership within the El Al Israel Airlines - Matmid Frequent Flyer Club. You will receive:
- All benefits associated with the lower tiers
- Preferential service from a Personal File Manager, to assist with your account and reservations
- Free upgrading to business class on two occasions
- El Al Platinum concierge services
- You are assured of seating in business class “C” (24 hours prior to a flight)
- Preferred seating for you and an accompanying passenger
- Upgrade to first class from “D” class for points if space is available
- A free second piece of luggage for family members
- 5-percent discount on El Al Duty-Free, special gatherings and more
- No Charge ground transportation to the airport (if flying on a first-class award ticket)
- Special gifts awarded to Top Platinum Members during the year
El Al Israel Airlines - Matmid Frequent Flyer Club offers lifetime elite Gold status memberships for those 65-years and over, who have been Gold or above Members for the past 10 years.
The Financial Links
The FLY CARD offered by El Al in association with Diners Club provides you with the opportunity to convert your purchases into flights, with each purchase made; being is automatically credited as Matmid points. There are, also, significant and varied other loyalty program oriented credit cards available, able to be converted into El Al Israel Airlines - Matmid Frequent Flyer Club points.
For example; you can convert your American Express Membership Rewards Points, at a rate of between 5-and-29 Membership Rewards points to one Matmid point. This will, however, depend on the type of card used. Isracard, Leumi Card, Diners and Cal are among the various other credit card partners.
Shalom and welcome to your El Al Israel Airlines Loyalty Rewards program, designed to enhance your flying experience!